Finally South African leg spinner Imran Tahir dethrones Trent Boult as the number 1 ranked bowler in ODI according to latest ICC rankings. Imran Tahir had a great ODI series against Sri Lanka due to which he topped the ranking. He bowled with great control, consequently not allowing Sri Lankan batsmen to score runs easily. Imran Tahir had entered the ODI series against Sri Lanka as number 3 bowler but, as a result of his excellent performance in the ODI series helped him go past Trent Boult and Sunil Narine as the number 1 ranked bowler.
While second place is occupied by New Zealand’s Trent Boult with 757 points. He has a chance to reclaim his number 1 rank in the upcoming ODI series against South Africa. Sunil Narine occupies the third place.
There are 2 Australian, 1 each from South Africa, New Zealand, England, Afghanistan, and Bangladesh, hence completing the top 10 bowler’s rankings.
In the batsmen rankings, South African Faf du Plessis has entered the top five rankings for the first time in his carrier due to his most recent performances against Sri Lanka. The first place is occupied by David Warner, followed by AB De Villiers. Virat Kohli occupies the third place. There are 3 South Africans, 2 from New Zealand, 1 each from Australia and England to complete the top batsmen rankings.
By beating Sri Lanka 5-0, South Africa, hence has become the No.1 ranked ODI team in the world.
ICC ODI bowlers rankings
- Imran Tahir (South Africa)- 761 points
- Trent Boult (New Zealand)- 757 points
- Sunil Narine (West Indies)-711 points
- Mitchell Starc (Australia)- 700 points
- Josh Hazlewood (Australia)- 684 points
- Shakib Al Hasan (Bangladesh)- 643 points
- Matt Henry (New Zealand)- 635 points
- Kagiso Rabada (South Africa)- 635 points
- Adil Rashid (England)- 628 points
- Mohammad Nabi (Afghanistan)- 619 points