Pakistan Super League, known as PSL is set to on floors after many problems and conversations. The tournament is slated to begin from February. Almost all the players attended the meeting at Lahore on Sunday. After that meeting, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) decided to start the tournament by showing their logo with the national anthem.
The grand League PSL (Pakistan Super League) is going fill the buckets for the PCB (Pakistan Cricket Board). These are 10 points you need to know about PSL.
ALSO READ: PSL live streaming and TV Channels
- Originally, PSL was developed longer than the Indian side, and the IPL reached its peak. As a fact, the PCB had announced its beginning in September 2009, but the plans were sheltered because of internal security. Former ICC Chief Executive Haroon Lorgat was selected for executing the beginning in November 2012. “It’s not a long time from now to then but there is still a lot of planning and work has been done and a lot to be done but I can see that there is a lot of energy to get this league off the ground,” said Haroon Lorgat when he was at the headquarters of PCB in Lahore.
- After the terrorist attack on the cricket bus of Sri Lanka in 2009, the international cricket team was very concerned about the trip to Pakistan. Not surprisingly, reports saying that the location of the first version of PSL has been shifted to the United Arab Emirates due to security concerns, although initially it was set in Doha, Qatar.
- The league stage comprises of 5 most dominating teams – Islamabad united, Karachi Kings, Lahore Qalandars, Peshawar Zalmi, and Quetta Gladiators – will compete against each other. There is planning to extend PSL to ten teams for the next 5 seasons. But this is only the prediction. One of the team is taken by Pakistan’s former fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar who shown interest in buying one.
- Every squad consists of 16 players other than the temporary staff. Minimum 12 Pakistani and four foreign players must be taken by voting. PSL is scheduled with most of the PSL matches in UAE. The venues for these games are Dubai international cricket stadium in Dubai, Sheikh Zayed stadium in Abu Dhabi and Sharjah Cricket Association Stadium in Sharjah.
- The official logo for PSL and the first season’s song was released on Sunday in Lahore. Homegrown music superstars Ali Zafar, whose association with PSL in this season and who have written songs for this year’s edition sing a song for this season. All former champions, celebrities and members of the team attended the launch.
- International dominating cricketers like Dwayne Bravo, Shakib-al-Hasan, Shane Watson, Dwayne Smith, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Kevin Pietersen, and Ravi Bopara have their place in PSL. “Absolutely buzzing to be a part of the Pakistan mela coming up in February. I can’t wait to get it started,” Pietersen said in a PSL ceremony.
- Most of the Pakistan players namely Umar Akmal, Mohammed Hafeez, and Shahid Afridi have the information to sign up for the unexpected Pakistani extortion. Legends like Rameez Raja and Wasim Akram have been elected official ambassador for the next 3 years.
- PCB Chairman Najeeb Sethi has claimed to give prize money of 10 million rupees to the winning team and 5 and 2.5 million each to the management and coaches.
- There is a huge difference in the recruitment of players in PSL and IPL. PSL is expected to follow subtle examples of the National Football League in the US as the BCCI’s cash-cow completely depends on holding auctions and bidding for individuals.