Well if you have witnessed last night’s game, it must have been a tough time for you to keep in mind all the statistics related and records broken. Who sits to enjoy a match of India with a notebook? But here we are to solve your woes if you wanna have a look at all the records made and broken in the fourth ODI of Sri Lanka vs India by Indian Team.
India took a lead by 4-0 in the five match ODI series and last days victory came with a margin of whopping 168 runs. Lankans, as usual, tumbled under pressure and suffered the biggest loss in the history.
Let’s have a look at the stats
- It was the 467th international match for Indian wicketkeeper MS Dhoni which is the most no.of international cricket matches for any wicketkeeper. Dhoni broke the record of former wicketkeeper Mark Boucher who had played 466 international matches. He was also the 6th Indian to play the 300th ODI match for India.
- Dhoni had the most not outs in ODI with 73 matches on his list. Shaun Pollock, Chaminda Vaas, Michael Bevan follow the list.
- Most dismissals by WKs in ODIs in SL: 194 – Kumar Sangakkara
51 – MS DHONI
- It was Virat Kohli’s 29th ODI century which is the third most no.of ODI century for any batsman he just needs one to go to the second position and topple Ricky Ponting. This is his 7th century as an Indian ODI captain which is the second most no.of centuries by an Indian ODI skipper.
- Virat Kohli scored 131 runs in this game which is the joint highest ODI score by a captain on the Sri Lankan.
- Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli 219 runs partnership is the highest ODI partnership for the second wicket on the Sri Lankan soil. The previous best was an unbeaten 197 runs between Shikhar Dhawan and Virat Kohli (India) against Sri Lanka at Dambulla on 20th August 2017. This is also India’s third highest partnership.
- Rohit became only the second Indian batsman to score more than one century in an ODI series against Sri Lanka.
- It is India’s third highest ODI total against Sri Lanka, the highest being 414/7 in Rajkot.
- It is India’s second largest ODI victory (by runs) on the opponent’s home ground (excluding neutral venues). The record margin is 200 runs victory for India against Bangladesh at Dhaka on 11th August 2003. It is Sri Lanks’s largest ODI loss on home soil.
- Fastest to 300 ODI wickets among Sri Lankans: (No.of matches): 202 – Muralitharan
203 – MALINGA*
- 1st time in ODI history two batsmen finished with scores of 50* (Manish Pandey) and 49* (MS Dhoni) in same innings.
- Most times unbeaten in the 40s (40-49) in ODIs
13 Michael Bevan
11 MS Dhoni